NM Public Institutions

Transferring course credits from New Mexico public institutions

To help students transfer course credits among New Mexico's colleges and universities, the state's public institutions of higher education are required to accept in-transfer courses taken within approved modules of lower-division course work and apply them toward degree requirements.

New Mexico's colleges and universities have worked together to produce guides to assist students who plan to transfer before completing a program of study. Course modules are designed to help students select courses carefully so that they may transfer with little or no loss of credit. However, planning for transferring course credits is the student's responsibility. Responsible transfer planning includes early and regular consultation with the intended degree-granting institution to assure that all pre-transfer coursework will meet the requirements of the desired degree. For additional information refer to the Course Catalog or contact the New Mexico Higher Education Department.

To request that your transcript be sent to CNM please complete the Request for Other Institute Transcript Form and forward it to each institution you have attended.