Other Vehicle Permits

Permit information for convertibles, dealer plates and rental cars, motorcycles and scooters.

Contact Parking Services

Contact Us

(505) 224-4637

Parking Services is located in the Public Safety (PS) building on Main Campus (map).


You can obtain a special paid parking permit if you have a vehicle with a convertible top or soft top. You will be given the choice as to whether you want the window decal or the rear view mirror hanging permit.

Dealer and Rental Cars

A temporary parking permit can be issued to your vehicle for a certain time period. If you need a longer time period, you must re-submit for a new temporary parking permit from Parking Services.

If you have only Dealer plates, you must register your vehicle with the last 6 digits of your vehicle's VIN number. Temporary parking permits are to be used in general parking lots only.

Contact Parking Services once you receive your permanent license plate number so your records can be updated.

Motorcycles, Mopeds, Scooters

Motorcycles, mopeds and scooters are prohibited from parking in legal spaces designated for motor vehicles. CNM has provided designated motorcycle parking areas on all campuses. All motorcycles/scooters must park in the designated motorcycle parking areas regardless of weight or size unless you have paid for metered parking.

Motorcycles and similar vehicles must register with Parking Services. Permits should be displayed anywhere on the front of the motorcycle/scooter that is visible to be seen by a Parking Ambassador. The last six digits of the VIN number will be used in place of a license plate number in the event your scooter does not have a license plate number.

If more than one motorcycle, moped, or motor scooter is parked in a metered space, all vehicles will be cited.

Failure to Display

Failure to properly display a current parking permit may result in parking citations and/or the vehicle being towed at the owner's expense.