Request Tax Form


How do I request an IRS transcript request with line items if I don't have my federal tax returns to complete the FAFSA?


Tax return transcripts are generally available for the current and past three years. If you need a statement of your tax account which shows changes and you or the IRS made after the original return was files, you must request a "Tax Account Transcript". This transcript shows basic data including marital status, type of return files, adjusted gross income, taxable income, payments and adjustments made on your account.

There are 3 ways to request your IRS transcript:

1. Call the IRS at (800) 829-1040 and follow the prompts in the recorded message.§

2. Order a transcript by completing a Form 4506-T (PDF).  There is no charge for the transcript and you should receive it in 10 business days from the time they receive your request.

3. Request a transcript of your tax return(s) by filling out a 4506T at the local IRS office located at 5338 Montgomery NE, Albuquerque, NM.


♦ If you had to amend your tax returns, you will need a transcript of your original taxes along with the amended information "Tax Account Transcript."

§ If you are able to speak with an IRS representative, let them know that your college is requesting a copy of your taxes that show the numbered line items. Ask for a RTFTP (Return for Tax Payer) to be sent to you and request that they stamp it IRS. This will get you a copy of your tax return with line items.