Registration Guidelines

Information about declaring and changing majors, course loads, cancelling and dropping courses.

Contact Us

If you have questions about getting started at CNM, call (505) 224-3160 or contact CNM online.

Adding, Changing, and Declaring Majors

You may change your major (program) at any time during a term in which you are enrolled. To graduate from a CNM program, you must declare a major either at the time of admission, during your enrollment at CNM, or when completing your application for graduation.

Adding Courses

Classes may be added according to the dates and deadlines listed in the Schedule of Classes.

Cancellation of Enrollment Before Term Begins

If you are not able to attend CNM but have registered for classes, you must drop all of your classes through the online registration system in myCNM before the beginning of the term.

Course Load

See the definition for Course Load.

Course Repetition Limit

See the definition for Course Repetition Limit.

Dropping Courses

You may drop your class according to the Registration Deadlines for the term. 

If you drop your class on or before the Last Day for Refund of that part of term, the course will not appear on your CNM transcript. After that date, a withdrawal grade (W) will appear on your record for classes dropped.

You should not assume you will be dropped from classes for nonattendance. If you do not officially drop the class, you will receive a final grade at the end of the term. If you are physically unable to drop a class by the published deadline (for example, because of hospitalization), you may submit a written appeal, along with required supporting documentation, to the school on which the class is offered requesting an exception to the drop deadline policy.

Appeal forms are available in the Registration/Grades tab of myCNM.

Grade Options

Students may change the grading option (grade mode) of a class through the last day to drop the class. Note that some courses do not have multiple grading options. It is highly recommended that students consult with an Academic Coach and Financial Aid Advisor before selecting an Audit or Credit/No Credit grade mode.

Grade change request forms are available at all campuses and are processed by the Registration Office, Main Campus.